Capitola Veteran Accused of Murder in Court | Crime
CAPITOLA, Calif.- The veteran accused of murdering a fellow soldier in Capitola back in December is expected in court Wednesday.
Marcos Chavez pleaded not guilty to brutally murdering Aaron Carpenter with a clothing iron and knife in the studio he rented on Virgil Lane.
Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty, but Chavez does face life without parole if convicted.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WATSONVILLE OPERATING ENGINEERS LOCAL 3 REACHES DEAL WITH CITY: EMPLOYEES CONTINUE 10% CONCESSIONS
- Monday, May 20 is Last Day to Register to Vote in June 4 Watsonville Special Election
- Attempt Murder Investigation Continues
- Pregnant Woman Accused of Abusing Child in Watsonville Charged with Attempted Murder
- Teens try to break into Minty White School